In Stock Powercrete ShippingJoint Specialists is proud to announce that we are now stocking and shipping (same day shipping on Powercrete) Powercrete J and Powercrete F1 in multiple different sizes.
Powercrete J is a solvent free epoxy polymer concrete mainline pipeline coating operating at a maximum temperature of 60C (140F). Used for pipeline repairs and rehabilitation projects and other other steel structures, Powercrete J is used as a girth weld coating for FBE and CTE coated pipelines.
- 100% Solids Epoxy
- no VOC
- Exceeds AWWA C210
- Excellent adhesion to FBE and CTE
- Excellent Mechanical Properties
- Suitable for pipeline operating temperatures to 60C
- Exceptional adhesion and soil stress resistance on bare steel
- Can be sprayed and hand applied up to 20 mils in one multi pass layer
- Area to be coated with Powercrete has to be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and dust. All contamination that could interfere with the adhesion of the coating has to be removed according to SSPC-SP1.
- Prior and during surface preparation, the temperature of the substrate must be at least 5F above the dew point.
- Abrasive blasting should be to minimum SA 2 1/2 (SSPC-SP10/Nace2)
- 3-4 mil recommended surface profile.
- Powercrete J Color: Brown
- Powercrete J Finish: Glossy
- Powercrete J is self priming
- Coverage rate for Powercrete J is 81.5 square feet per gallon at 20 mils thickness
- 100% Solid
- Flash point of Powercrete J: >200F
- Mixing ratio of Powercrete J: 4.8: 1 (a to b)
- Potlife of Powercrete J is 20 minutes at 77F
- Powercrete J Gel Time 30 minutes
- Dry time of Powercrete J 1.7 hours
- 65 Shore D is generally met within 4.2 hours
- 75 Shore D is generally met in 5.2 hours (this is a full cure of Powercrete J)
20 pound Kit (1.32 gallons)
10 pound kit Powercrete J (.66 gallons)
5 pound kit Powercrete J (.26 gallons)
2 pound kit Powercrete J (.13 gallons)