Dirax Wrap -Around Sleeve and Epoxy System
A high performance fiberglass reinforced sleeve specifically designed for girth weld corrosion protection on pipes used in directional drilling applications.
DIRAX field-joint coating for directional drilling.
Construction: Three-layer system:
- First layer: Liquid epoxy, solvent-free two-component.
- Second layer: High shear strength copolymer adhesive.
- Third layer: Thick, fiberglass reinforced, radiation cross-linked polyethylene.
The DIRAX system is a wrap-around heat-shrinkable sleeve reinforced with fiberglass. DIRAX is designed to protect girth welds against corrosion and is the optimum joint protec-tion for PE and FBE coated pipes used in directional drilling applications. The reinforcement gives the backing greater wear resistance.
During installation, the epoxy is applied to the prepared pipe surface and the heat-shrinkable sleeve is immediately wrapped around the joint over the wet epoxy.Heat is then applied to the sleeve, which shrinks to form a tight fit around the joint. While curing, the epoxy forms strong mechanical and chemical bondsto the pipe surface & to the copolymer adhesive layer. The radiation cross-linked outer layer forms a tough barrier against mechanical damage and moisturetransmission. A wear cone is then applied over the leading edge of the sleeve. Note: Dirax is not suitable for "Push Through" applications.
- Highly resistant to shear and peel forces induced by soil and thermal movements. The DIRAX is tough!
- DIRAX offers abrasion and wear resistance at pull-through comparable to mill coatings. Provides a monolithic coating system.
- Wear cone protects leading edge of sleeve against pull-through forces. Provides additional strength and security---increases reliability.
- Sleeve applied over wet epoxy---there are no curing or waiting times / formation of strong mechanical & chemical bonds Allows fast application---saves time! Ensures high performance!
- Superior cathodic disbondment and hot water immersion resistance. Offers the optimum barrier protection against corrosion.
- Pre-attached closure patch Allows fast and easy application.
- Low preheat requirements Makes installation faster and saves time.
Product Selection Guide:
Max operating temperature - 60°C (140°F)
Compatible line coatings - PE, FBE
Min preheat temperature -70°C(158°F)
Recommended pipe preparation - SA 2½
Soil stress restrictions - None
Performance - EN 12068 Class C60
Backing (as supplied) 1.85 mm (0.073 in.)
Backing (fully free recovered) 2.3 mm (0.091 in.)
Adhesive (as supplied) 1.2 mm (0.047 in.)
Wear cone (incl. coating) (as supplied) 3.05 mm (0.12 in.)
Chemical Resistance followed by Bursting Strength
Chemical Resistance Conducted for 168 hrs in 0.1N Nacl, 0.1NH2SO4
Resistance to UV radiation followed by Bursting Strength
DIRAX type products are available: as a kit, containing: -
- a Uni-sleeve (pre-cut sleeve with pre-attached closure patch)
- a wear cone (also pre-cut with pre-attached closure patch)
Post a Comment