Standard Heat Shrink Sleeve for Corrosion Prevention
|Installed WPCT Sleeve|
WPCT utilizes a radiation crosslinked, higher density polyolefin to offer physical protection to that field joint. WPCT utilizes an aggressive, great bonding, great flowing mastic adhesive to form the seal at the field joint. That mastic bonds very well to bare steel and all commonly used factory applied pipe coatings.
Available in several different widths, WPCT has many different uses. Standard widths are 11", 17", 24" and 34". In selecting a width, it is always recommended that a shrink sleeve be wide enough to coat all bare steel and overlap onto adjacent factory applied coatings by at least two inches per side (some end users require 3" or even 4" overlaps).
Features and benefits of WPCT:
- Dimpled backing provides a permanent change indicator for application for heat. This ensures correct application heat and allows easy post heat inspection, offering reliable inspectability at any time.
- Low preheat sensitivity and proven functionality. WPCT is installation friendly in combination with high functional performance.
- High impact and penetration resistance means WPCT is tough, but flexible even at low temperatures.
- Available as all in one unit (/UNI sleeve) or roll form. This saves money by keeping inventory and logistics costs low.
- Sealing adhesive automatically repairs minor mechanical damages - this self healing effect saves extra intervention steps.
- No special equipment or skills required. Installation is fast and easy and installation costs are low.
Post a Comment