Repairing Pinholes in your FBE Coating
For the most technically sound repairs on FBE, please consider using our Powercrete R65 Repair Cartridges.
occurs when moisture, air or other fluids get trapped into the coating. This is
very common with all epoxies. It is important for these pinholes to be
repaired correctly as they will cause you many issues down the road. Luckily
there is a quick and efficient way to rid yourself of these problems.
repair sticks are your answer. These are
specifically designed to cover holidays up to 2mm in diameter. A few benefits you get with these repair
sticks: easy to install, they are flexible, no potlife/expiration and are very
quick to set so you can move along to the next assignment.
A brief overview of installation:
- You will scuff up the area with sand paper.
- Preheat your pinehole and the surrounding area.
- While still applying heat to the surrounding areas, slowly drag your repair stick across the pinhole. With the correct amount of preheat and minor heat from your torch, these will start to melt.
- Continue until the patch is covered and smooth. You will need to apply until you have a greater thickness than your original FBE coating.
- Allow a few minutes to cool while you are onto your next pinhole!
Please reach out to JSI for guidance on your FBE repair